I have never laid an egg, but I can tell if the omelette is good or bad.
Similarly, I am not a remarkable person, but I can tell you how to become one.
I have met hundreds of remarkable people and I want to share what makes them remarkable.
1. Remarkable doesn’t mean remarkable to you. It means remarkable to me. Am I going to make a remark about it? If not, then you’re average, and average is for losers.
2. Remarkable people understand the urgency of the situation and they go flat out. Half-measures simply won’t do for them. The only way to grow for them is to abandon the strategy of doing what they did yesterday and they commit. And they commit 100 %.
3. Being noticed is not the same as being remarkable. Running down the street naked will get you noticed, but it won’t accomplish much. It’s easy to pull off a stunt, but not useful.
4. Remarkability lies in the edges. The biggest, fastest, slowest, richest, easiest, most difficult. It doesn’t always matter which edge, more that you’re at (or beyond) the edge.
5. Not everyone appreciates your efforts to be remarkable. In fact, most people don’t. So what? Most people are ostriches, heads in the sand, unable to help you anyway. Your goal isn’t to please everyone. Your goal is to please those that actually speak up, spread the word, and give different but weird ideas.
6. If it’s in a manual, if it’s the accepted wisdom if you can find it in a Dummies book, then guess what? It’s boring, not remarkable.
Part of what it takes to do something remarkable is to do something first and refreshingly different. and best. Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing were remarkable. They reached Everest peak in 1953. After that, more than 6,000 people have climbed the peak. … but it doesn’t matter.
7. If you put it on a T-shirt, would people wear it? No use being remarkable at something that people don’t care about. Not ALL people, mind you, just a few. A few people insanely focused on what you do is far far better than thousands of people who might be mildly interested, right?
If you are not remarkable, it is fine with me.
But if you are not giving it a shot also-why ?
#Branding #BrandStrategy #reversemarketing #MarketingConsultancy #ProductLaunchSuccess #MarketingTips #BrandAwareness #MarketingStrategy #SalesBoost #MarketingInsights #MarketingCampaign #DigitalMarketing
About the author: Hemant is the Founder & CEO of branding and marketing firm ”Neeti Brand Accelerator” in Mumbai. He is a brand strategist and has worked with more than 150 brands during last two decades. He is also mentor and coach to SMEs and startups. You can visit the website www.www.neeti.biz. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org